Pardoo Station was established as an outstation of De Grey Station by the Padbury family in the 1860s.
The station had a number of owners between its founding and 1902, when the Pardoo section of De Grey Station was sold off to the Thompson, Medcalf and Rounsville partnership.
The Thompson family bought out their partners in 1904 and the station remained in the family until 1963.
In the early days, Pardoo Station was a sheep property, with an estimated flock of 20,000 in 1913. The station also ran a small mob of breeding mares, and camels for station work.
Pardoo homestead, as with De Grey homestead, was close to the port of Condon, which flourished from 1872 to the early 1900s, until Port Hedland was established as the main port for the Pilbara. Condon is now abandoned.
The Pardoo homestead remains historically significant as one of the earliest established in the region. The homestead is typical of the Pilbara plan type with a central section containing large rooms, no passages and no formal entry or entry hall. The homestead walls are made of concrete and stone and are approximately 450mm thick.
The famous West Australian rabbit-proof fence was completed in 1907 and ended on Pardoo Station at Cape Keraudren, where a stone wall was built into the sea to stop rabbits coming around the fence.
Mount Goldsworthy, located on the southwestern side of the property, was the site of the Pilbara’s first iron ore mine. The mine is now closed.
Pardoo Station had numerous owners between 1963 and 2005 when the property was purchased by Graeme and Judith Rogers. The Rogers family sold to Pardoo Beef Corporation in 2015.
Today, Pardoo Station is a working cattle property covering 200,000 hectares.
Pardoo Beef Corporation is transforming the station’s herd into purebred Wagyu and crossbred Wagyu cattle.